Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Swirled

People are the same
no matter race, color, or creed
we may have different traditions
And views about this world
Wish we all could live in harmony
and see the beauty wherever it may be
But unfortunately lack of understanding
leads to desire to dominate and subjugate
a big fat swirled mystery is life
like a swirled ice cream cone
only sometimes we fit together
and sometimes we choose solely vanilla or chocolate
I like my cone in a rainbow of colors
swirled together through peace and love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you - it's delicious. I like mine sprikled with a little harmony.

anissa matthews said...

Katie! it took me a bit to figure out it was you. no pic and no name, but the post about vietnam gave it away. i'll definitely read your posts. i'll put you in my 'peeps'. it's great having classes with you - you rock, too! see you thursday.
anissa