Monday, May 25, 2009

I am a healer

I want to be able to call myself a healer. To say "I am a healer" and to know that my heart's work is as a facilitator of the release of pain. I am so thankful that I am finally on that path. I am also inspired with the knowledge that my journey is just beginning and that it need not ever end. In fact, perhaps my journey isn't just beginning and all of my life's experiences have been set up to bring me to where I am now. I don't know if I would be here without the "wounds" of my past. And I am certain I owe much to my deep spiritual experiences - beginning at an early age, shaken up during adolescence, abandoned while reconciling my desires, and found again from a rebirth of sorts.

I went to a reggae concert this weekend and I want to use one of their lyrics as a metaphor for how I feel deep inside: "There's a fire in my soul." Indeed, there is a fire there and I just want to keep adding wood to the fire so it can grow and remain nurtured. I also went to another show and heard another lyric that stuck with me. I can't remember the words exactly, but basically it was about "maybe the point to life is there is no point." Standing on it's own, this lyric sounds kind of harsh, but within the context of the song it resonated with me the idea that as human beings we are constantly trying to make sense of and understand the meaning of life. And maybe the meaning of life is much more simple than all of the religious philosophies hypotheses? We are all here to touch others and to be touched ourselves. So whatever the point to life is, let me live each moment in gratitude of the beauty of this world, the connecting of souls, the wonder of imperfection, the freedom to be me and to know that in simply being me I can and have made a difference in other's lives.

So there, I am already a healer in my own way. You are too, you just have to believe it. God, it just sounds so good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We're all healers, it's just a matter of time until we tap into it. Once we've learned to heal ourselves through tough times, we can offer so much to the world. :-)

Makita Jazzqueen said...

Being a healer is just natural, when you feel bad or when somebody else feels bad, you are a healer since you care about it.



Cool blog! Check out mine:
http://jazzqueen.blogspot.com
http://maryeastmacott.blogspot.com
http://everyday--stuff.blogspot.com